Starting a small business as a felon, is actually MUCH easier than you think.
Most people think that starting a business is a complicated task. They get hung up on business names and all the little details, when in reality they just do not matter that much when you are first starting your business. If you can give your customers what they want, then people will talk and your business name will be remembered. The same can be said about a logo. While it is nice to have a custom logo that was designed by a professional, your business name is all you need. These things can all be changed at a later date. If you prolong starting your business you will most likely never start it.
You Only Need Two Things To Start Your Business
As shocking as it may sound you only need two things to getting your business up and running. All of which you could have in just a few minutes.
A business Website
In today’s time no business is complete without a website. This is where your customers can get your prices, phone numbers, servicing areas, and all the other information they need. This will also help customers searching for your services find your business in search engines such as google. They are very easy to set up and are affordable. We have found felons a deal where you can get your website for around $3.95 a month. There is a guide for setting up your website below.
Some Business Cards
The second thing you are going to need is some business cards. This is where you can have all your information that can be passed around easily. They are also cheap and affordable. They do not have to be fancy and just having your business name, phone number, email, address, and website will be more than enough. Vistaprint offers a great deal and has cards designed ready to go. You just enter in your information and they will be at your house in a week.
Starting Your Business Website Now (15 mins)
Starting a website is very simple. In fact you could get your website up and running in just a few minutes when you follow this guide.
You sign up for an account and start talking about issues. It is that quick. If you have any trouble setting up your account you can always call the SiteGround support staff.
1. Click on the this SiteGround link. You will get a special discount by using this link. When you are on the SiteGround website click on the area that says “get started now”.
My most important sites are hosted on SiteGround. I use GoGeek, but then again I get over 2000 visitors daily, so basic is not for me.
I’ve tested many other hostings in the past 10 years (MediaTemple, GoDaddy, BlueHost, HostGator, NameCheap) … and except for SiteGround and NameCheap, they were ALL horrible (especially Hostgator and Bluehost, which are the same company btw). So go with the best, and avoid downtime and transfer hassles later.
2. You will be taken to a screen where you are to select your plan. The best option is the second one that is labeled most popular. However you will be perfectly fine selecting the cheapest plan.
For 99% of sites, I recommend the least-expensive $3.95/mo package. Most will never need a more advanced level, but if you do, you can always upgrade later. No need to overpay for something you don’t need now.
3. Once you have selected your plan you will be given an option to choose a domain name. This domain name will be how people get to your website. For example this website is named hirefelons.org. You may have to try a few times to get a domain that is not taken. SiteGround offers FREE domain name with any hosting package!
4. Next you will need to enter your account information. This form is pretty standard and should quite simple to fill out. Make sure you use a valid email address.
5. Once you have submitted the form you will be asked to confirm all of your choices. This is where you select the options you are choosing.
6. Once you have payed for everything you can now sign into your account. On the second menu bar at the top there will be a link called cpanel. Go ahead and click that. Once you are there, there will be an icon in the middle of the page that says install wordpress. Click on that icon.
Here is a good video overview of how to setup WordPress in cPanel in less than 1 minute!
7. You will be taken to a screen that will let you start a brand new install of WordPress. The button will be green and will most likely say either start or install.
8. Click on the drop down menu box and select your domain name. then click check domain.
9. Once you check the domain you will have to check two boxes the first one will give you the advanced options you need to login to your site. The other is simply stating that you have read the terms and conditions. Once you have selected those you will see something that looks similar to the image below. The site name or title is just what the name of your site is. It is a good idea to use your domain name in this area without the www. or .com attached to it. This ones is “Hire Felons”. Make sure you write down your admin username and password. You will need these to log into the site. After you have done this click install now. It should install fairly fast.
10. The install of your website should not take very long. Within a minute or so. Just keep that page open and running. After it has completed the install you are going to want to go to your website and type /wp-admin after it. An example of this is www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin. This is going to be where you will log into your site form now on.
11. Now that you have logged in you will want to hover of the posts option and then select add new.
12. Once this page is open you will be able to type in the name of your post and also write whatever it is that you want to. when you are done just hit publish and then type in your website domain and then you can view your content.